There is a $50.00 charge for each unauthorized guest on the premises, this includes children over the age of 2 and pets.
- All pets must be on a leash. Please ensure that you clean up after your pets. Pets are not permitted on the furniture inside of the domes. There will be a $100.00 charge associated with upholstery cleaning if required. Please do not leave your pets unattended in the domes for any amount of time.
- We will enforce a $500.00 fine if you smoke or vape anywhere inside of the domes. This also applies to cannabis. There are ashtrays outside on each deck for your use.
- Any guest that misuses the property, such as but not limited to: hosting a party or unauthorized event, using the premises for illegal activities, causing damage to the property and/or disturbance to other guests will be charged a fine of $500.00 plus any applicable cleaning fees, costs of any cancelled bookings and costs to replace damaged items.
- Our hot tubs are sanitized and treated on a daily basis. We ask that guests rinse off before using the hot tub to avoid issues with the chemicals or sand damage. Please ensure that you keep the hot tub cover on when it is not being used as we are outdoors, and this will maintain proper sanitization. There will be a minimum charge of $250.00, up to a maximum of complete replacement cost, if there is any damage to our hot tubs. Such damages include, but are not limited to: foreign objects and debris left in the water, issues due to lotions or other substances, damage to clips, cover, steps, lights, and speakers.
- If there is a provincial fire ban in place, we reserve the right to extinguish any unauthorized fires on the premises. Guests will be charged a fine starting at $500.00 if there is an unauthorized fire during a ban.
- Check-in time is 3:00pm daily. If you would like an earlier check-in, please send us a request at least 24 hours prior to your check-in time. Early check-ins are on a first come, first serve basis, and not guaranteed. You will not have access to the Dome prior to the approved check-in time.
- Check-out is at 10:00am daily. Please checkout on time to give the cleaners time to prepare for the next guests. If you would like a later checkout, please send us a request at least 24 hours prior to your check-in time. Late checkouts are on a first come, first serve basis, and not guaranteed. You will not have access to the Dome after the approved check-out time.
- For early check-ins and late check-outs, the first hour is free, then there is a $25.00/hour fee, plus tax, up to 12:00pm daily. If you check-in early or check-out late without approval, you will be charged $20.00 every 30 minutes after the noted time which will be automatically invoiced to your account/card we have on file. Alternatively, you leave your items in your vehicles and park in our overflow parking to enjoy the property if you arrive early or stay late without pre-approval.
- The beach is available to all guests; however, please be mindful of the neighboring houses/wharfs as these are private properties.
- Parking is located at the entrance of each dome. Please do not park in between the domes for safety purposes. We have overflow parking near the green space behind domes 4 & 5 if needed.
- Our quiet time is from 11:00pm-6:00am daily. Please be mindful of other guests staying with us and keep all volumes to a respectable level during these hours.
- Please be kind to our staff on-site! They are here to answer any questions you may have and provide information regarding the area. Profanity and/or abuse of any kind towards our staff will not be tolerated. Lakeside Luxury reserves the right to remove any individual that does not comply with this rule.
- Please be cautious during the winter months as there may be a risk of, but not limited to, snow and ice buildup, slippery walking surfaces, ice on hot tub covers and clips, ice on BBQ and picnic tables, falling snow and ice from dome structures. Do not walk on ponds or surfaces that seem ice covered as there is a risk of injury if it breaks. Please use caution when driving onto the property as there is a risk of ice/snow buildup. We do plow and salt as needed, but there is always a risk with the change in weather.
- To receive a full refund, guests must cancel within 48 hours of booking, and the cancellation must occur at least 14 days before check-in.
- If guests cancel between 7 and 14 days before check-in, they will receive a 50% refund for all nights.
- If guests cancel less than 7 days before check-in, no refund will be provided.
- The times and dates for all cancellation policies are based on the local time zone of Lakeside Luxury Domes (Atlantic).
- Cancellation deadlines for receiving refunds are measured from the check-in time at 3:00pm AST.
- Please note that each reservation cancellation is reviewed by management on a case to case basis. Credits are set to expire one year (365 days) after the issuing date, unless otherwise approved by management.
Gift certificates must be purchased over the phone and can be purchased for any value. We can provide a physical or electronic gift certificate for your use. We accept payment by credit card, e-transfer or cash only. The gift certificate must be paid for at the time of purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- Gift certificates can only be redeemed by phone or email.
- All Gift Certificates are dated and expire 12 months from the issuing date.
- Gift Certificates can’t be exchanged for cash.
- We are not responsible if a Gift Certificate is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission and no replacement will be provided under these circumstances.
- Gift Certificates are valid for up to two (2) guests accommodations only – any additional guests, pets or add-ons are not included unless stipulated and paid for at the time of purchase.
- The entire stay must be booked when the gift certificate is redeemed.
- Gift Certificates are non-refundable.
Booking Payments & Deposits
Guests who make a reservation within 365 days of the check-in date must make the full payment at the time of booking to confirm the reservation. Guests who want to make a reservation for the following calendar year(s) are required to pay a 50% deposit at the time of booking to confirm the reservation. The deposit can only be paid by credit card. The outstanding cost shall be charged to the credit card 7 days prior to arrival.
For Events, a 50% deposit is required at the time of booking and the outstanding cost shall be charged 14 days prior to the event or according to terms set in the Event Contract*.
*Event Contracts will only be provided for events larger than 25 guests.
Death/Severe Illness/Injury Policy
- Covid-19 – As Government travel restrictions have been lifted, reservations made on or after September 30, 2022 will follow our standard cancellation policy. COVID-19-related circumstances will no longer be covered under our Extenuating Circumstances policy.
- Severe Illness/Injury – A credit will be provided for guests that have suffered severe injuries that require them to remain in a hospital environment or are unable to physically be present for their reservation. There will be no extra fees for rebooking and there will be no expiry date for the credit.
- Death – A credit will be provided for guests that have suffered a loss of life (immediate family members). There will be no extra fees for rebooking and there will be no expiry date for the credit.
Extenuating Circumstances Policy
This Policy uses the term “Event” to refer to the following situations that occur after booking, are unforeseen at the time of booking, and prevent or legally prohibit completion of the reservation. When this Policy allows for cancellation, it controls and takes precedence over the standard cancellation policy. Guests that are impacted by an event covered by this Policy can cancel their reservation and receive, depending on the circumstances, a refund and/or a credit for the reservation(s).
Changes to government travel requirements – Unexpected changes to visa or passport requirements imposed by a governmental agency that prevent travel to the destination. This doesn’t include lost or expired travel documents or other personal circumstances relating to a guest’s authorization to travel.
Declared emergencies and epidemics – Government declared local or national emergencies, epidemics, pandemics, and public health emergencies. This does not include diseases that are endemic or commonly associated with an area—for example, malaria in Thailand or dengue fever in Hawaii.
Government travel restrictions – Travel restrictions imposed by a governmental agency that prevent or prohibit traveling to, staying at, or returning from the Listing location. This does not include non-binding travel advisories and similar government guidance.
Natural disasters – Natural disasters, acts of God, large-scale outages of essential utilities, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, and other severe and abnormal weather events. This does not include weather or natural conditions that are common enough to be foreseeable in that location for example, hurricanes occurring during hurricane season.
- Hurricane Policy – reservations made within hurricane season (July-November) are not covered under our Extenuating Circumstances policy. A credit can be given, but no refunds will be provided.
- Snow Storm Policy – reservations made within the winter months (December 1-March 15) are not covered under our Extenuating Circumstances policy. A credit can be given, but no refunds will be provided.
What is not covered
This Policy only allows for cancellations for the Events described above. Everything else is excluded. Examples of situations that this Policy does not allow cancellations for include: unexpected disease, illness (flu, COVID-19, etc.), or minor injury; government obligations like jury duty, court appearances or military duties; travel advisories or other government guidance (that fall short of a travel ban or prohibition); cancellation or rescheduling of an event for which the reservation was made; and transportation disruptions like road closures, as well as flight, train, bus and ferry cancellations that are unrelated to a covered Event. If you cancel a reservation in these cases, the amount refunded will be determined by the cancellation policy that applies to the reservation.
On-site Issues Policy
If you’re experiencing an issue during your stay, please contact us at (902) 482-8820 or send us a message online through the reservation guest portal (during business hours). It’s important to submit the request as soon as you notice the issue so that we can ensure the issue is resolved in a timely manner.
- Noise complaints
- Maintenance issues
- Appliance issues
Waiver & Release
In consideration of the risk of injury while participating in activities on the beach, water activities & equipment rentals (the “Activity“), and as consideration for the right to participate in the Activity, I (the “Participant“) hereby, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, or personal representatives, knowingly and voluntarily enter into this waiver and release of liability and hereby waive any and all rights, claims or causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising out of my participation in the Activity, and do hereby release and forever discharge Lakeside Luxury Domes, located at 3741 West Bay Road, St. Georges Channel, Nova Scotia, B0E 3K0, their affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, staff, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns, for any physical or psychological injury, including but not limited to illness, paralysis, death, damages, economical or emotional loss, that I may suffer as a direct result of my participation in the aforementioned Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
Lakeside Luxury Domes completes all required maintenance and safety checks on all saunas, showers, barbecues, and hot tubs. Lakeside Luxury Domes provides information regarding emergency and safety management, Dome rules and regulations which is available online, as well as inside each Domes that includes, but is not limited to, emergency response plan, first aid kit and fire extinguisher, hot tub etiquette and maintenance. I understand and agree that I am using the aforementioned amenities at my own discretion and risk. Lakeside Luxury Domes is not liable for any injuries that may occur.
I AM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THE AFOREMENTIONED ACTIVITY AND I AM PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY ENTIRELY AT MY OWN RISK. I AM AWARE OF THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH TRAVELING TO AND FROM AS WELL AS PARTICIPATING IN THIS ACTIVITY, WHICH MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, PHYSICAL OR PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURY, PAIN, SUFFERING, ILLNESS, DISFIGUREMENT, TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT DISABILITY (INCLUDING PARALYSIS), ECONOMIC OR EMOTIONAL LOSS, AND DEATH. I UNDERSTAND THAT THESE INJURIES OR OUTCOMES MAY ARISE FROM MY OWN OR OTHERS’ NEGLIGENCE, CONDITIONS RELATED TO TRAVEL, OR THE CONDITION OF THE ACTIVITY LOCATION(S). NONETHELESS, I ASSUME ALL RELATED RISKS, BOTH KNOWN OR UNKNOWN TO ME, OF MY PARTICIPATION IN THIS ACTIVITY, INCLUDING TRAVEL TO, FROM AND DURING THIS ACTIVITY.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Lakeside Luxury Domes against any and all claims, suits or actions of any kind whatsoever for liability, damages, compensation or otherwise brought by me or anyone on my behalf, including attorney’s fees and any related costs, if litigation arises pursuant to any claims made by me or by anyone else acting on my behalf. If Lakeside Luxury Domes incurs any of these types of expenses, I agree to reimburse Lakeside Luxury Domes.
I acknowledge that Lakeside Luxury Domes and their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives, and agents are not responsible for errors, omissions, acts or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific event or activity on behalf of Lakeside Luxury Domes.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS ACTIVITY MAY INVOLVE A TEST OF A PERSON’S PHYSICAL AND MENTAL LIMITS AND MAY CARRY WITH IT THE POTENTIAL FOR DEATH, SERIOUS INJURY, AND PROPERTY LOSS.
The risks may include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, lack of hydration, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, and actions of others, including but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials and event monitors, and/or producers of the event.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS “WAIVER AND RELEASE” AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY. I EXPRESSLY AGREE TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE Lakeside Luxury Domes AND ALL OF ITS AFFILIATES, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, STAFF, VOLUNTEERS, HEIRS, REPRESENTATIVES, PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION AND I AGREE TO VOLUNTARILY GIVE UP OR WAIVE ANY RIGHT THAT I OTHERWISE HAVE TO BRING A LEGAL ACTION AGAINST Lakeside Luxury Domes FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
To the extent that statute or case law does not prohibit releases for negligence, this release is also for negligence on the part of Lakeside Luxury Domes, its agents, and employees. In the event that I should require medical care or treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I am aware and understand that I should carry my own health insurance. In the event that any damage to equipment or facilities occurs as a result of my or my family’s willful actions, neglect or recklessness, I acknowledge and agree to be held liable for any and all costs associated with any actions of neglect or recklessness.
This Agreement was entered into at arm’s-length, without duress or coercion, and is to be interpreted as an agreement between two parties of equal bargaining strength. Both the Participant and Lakeside Luxury Domes agree that this Agreement is clear and unambiguous as to its terms, and that no other evidence will be used or admitted altering or explain the terms of this Agreement, but that it will be interpreted based on the language in accordance with the purposes for which it is entered into.
In the event that any provision contained within this Release of Liability shall be deemed to be severable or invalid, or if any term, condition, phrase or portion of this agreement shall be determined to be unlawful or otherwise unenforceable, the remainder of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect, so long as the clause severed does not affect the intent of the parties. If a court should find that any provision of this agreement to be invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting said provision it would become valid and enforceable, then said provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
AGREEMENT AND CONSENT TO WAIVER
I, the Participant, affirm that I am of the age of 18 years or older, and that I am freely agreeing to this agreement. I certify that I have read this agreement, that I fully understand its content and that this release cannot be modified orally. I am aware that this is a release of liability and a contract and that I am signing it of my own free will.
I hereby certify that I am the parent or guardian of all Participants under my supervision and do hereby give my consent without reservation to the foregoing on behalf of this individual.